The course is aimed at equipping the students with necessary techniques and skills of communication to inform others, inspire them and enlist their activity and willing cooperation in the performance of their jobs.
COMMUNICATION IN BUSINESS:
-- Importance of Communication.
-- Forms of Communication.
-- Communication Network of the Organisation.
-- Process of Communication: Different Stages.
-- Difference between Oral & Written Communication.
-- Fundamentals of Oral Communication: Introduction, Barriers and Gateways in Communication, Listening, Feedback, Telephonic Messages.
-- Public Speaking and Presentation of Reports, PowerPoint Presentation, Body Language, Facial Expressions, Non-verbal Communication, emotional Intelligence, Creativity in Oral Communication, Persuasive Communication.
-- Communication through organizing various events like conferences, committee meetings, press meets, seminars, fests and the like.
-- Writing an Effective Report, Stages of Writing, Composing Business Messages, Style and Tone, Five Ws and one H of Report Writing.
-- Planning and Types of Reports, Divisions, Numbering and use of Visual Aids.
-- Creativity in Written Communication, Use of Pictures, Diagrams in Written Communication.
-- Writing Commercial Letters, Business Letter Format.
-- Types of Letters - Routine Business Letters, Sales Letters, Resume and Job Applications, Business Memos, eMail Messages, Proposals, Technical Articles, Telegrams, Telex Messages, Facsimiles, Electronic Mail, Handling a Mail, Maintaining a Diary, Legal Aspects of Business Communication, Negotiation Skills.
-- Circulars, Drafting Notices, Handling Complaints, Evaluating Interview Performance, Articles, Formal Invitations.
-- Proforma for Performance Appraisals, Letters of Appointment, Captions for Advertising, Company Notice related Shares, dividends, MoA, AoA, Annual Reports, Minutes of Meetings, Action taken on Previous Resolution.
1. Scot Ober, Contemporary Business Communication, Biztantra
2. Bovee, Thill & Schatzman, Business Communication Today, Pearson
3. Nageshwar Rao and Rajendra Das, Business skills, HPH
4. Mary Ellen Guffy, Business Communication, Thomson
5. M Ashraf Rizvi, Effective Technical Communication, TMH
6. Meenakshi Raman and Sangeeta Sharma, Technical Communication, Oxford
7. Micheal Osborn and Suzanne Osborn, Public Speaking, Biztantra
8. John Seely, Oxford Writing and Speaking, Oxford
9. Parag Diwan, Business Communication, EB